The purpose of the Leadership Program is to nurture and develop young leaders in the community by creating a dynamic learning experience with the cooperation and mentorship of local business leaders. Specifically, the program aims to assist young participants in making real connections with businessmen, entrepreneurs, and government leaders, thus helping them realize their full leadership potential and the community that surrounds them.
The Workforce Investment Act of 1998 states: "Every youth provider is required to include 10 program elements. One of the program elements is Leadership Development, and leadership opportunities which may include community service and peer centered activities encouraging responsibility and other positive social behaviors during non-school hours as appropriate."
The Career Institute has developed a successful program called the The Leadership Program, which satisfies this requirement to run our program.
Take a look! Here is a little taste of the
Leadership Program Experience in our Big Bear location.
The goals of the Leadership Connection Program are to:
1. Identify and nurture young adults as potential community leaders.
2. Invoke a sense of civic responsibility in young adults through community exploration and mentoring.
3. Acquaint participants with regional and local resources, challenges and opportunities.
4. Learn about leadership in the community through mentoring exposure to community leaders, and visiting community organizations.
5. Develop a knowledge of career opportunities available in the community.
6. Develop the talents and skills of young adults as community leaders.
7. Have community leaders mentor young adults on career, education, and life planning issues.